Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ohh Wham!

After a not-so-satisfying meal yesterday, my friend and I decided to grab ourselves burgers for late lunch. We went to Wham! and each ordered her own burger. I ordered their Kapow Burger and a side of Onion Rings. She on the other hand ordered their Bronco Burger and we both had Iced Tea to wash down the sandwiches.

First to arrive are the drinks and the Onion Rings. Though the serving is quite small, as I counted just about more or less 10 rings, they are very big onion rings. What I love about them is that they are very
crispy and yet very light. The breading is not weighing the onion rings down. It is lightly seasoned and I think it made these onion rings the perfect side for their burgers. And soon, I was proven right by their burgers.

Wham! burgers are huge. When they arrived, I was shocked by their size, and immediately afterwards, I wondered how to bite into it. Their burg
ers, as what they claim are made of 1/3 pound of beef. And I think there's truth in it as to the weight of the whole sandwich. My Kapow burger, as how they described it on their menu, is made up of 1/3 pound beef patty, salsa, cheese, chili sauce, and Jalapeño Peppers. As I read this, I thought okay, I am a bit adventurous today, I think I can handle all that peppers. So when the burger was put down in my table, I was very very excited.

When I opened the
wrap, I was ecstatic. My hunger will be satisfied. The Kapow burger was served with everything that was written on the menu on it. What I did not expect is that it will be served with quite thick slices of Jalapeño Peppers in it. I took my first bite and quickly hit by the juicy and flavorful beef patty. I just love the beefiness of it. Then came the salsa, the cheese, lettuce, and hint of spiciness. So I thought, yeah I told you I can handle this one. Then I took my second bite. After two chews, KAPOW! the spiciness overwhelmed me. But since I want to prove to myself that I can handle the spiciness of the pepper, I tried to act cool-y. I sip my Iced Tea and took another bite from the burger. KAPOW! Now, this time, I won't try to act oh-so-cool-y on this one, beads are starting to form on my forehead and my friend has noticed my uneasiness and asked me if it was too hot. At this point in time, I cannot hide the fact that my mouth is on fire. I nodded and took a rather long sip on my Iced Tea. I put ketchup and mustard on my burger, hoping to alleviate the spiciness of it but I failed miserably. So later on, accepting defeat, I pulled out all the Jalapeño Peppers and savored the juiciness and hint of spiciness of my burger. It was heaven. I love their burger. And there's no need for ketchup and mustard either. The burger is well-seasoned and delicious on its own. I can see myself going there over and over for my burger-fix from time to time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
Yuummm!!! by Shiela Briol is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.
Based on a work at www.shielastaste.blogspot.com.